We have achieved 5 leaves of the Sustainable Tourism Certificate!
Since 2006, Swiss Travel became part of the Certificate for Sustainable Tourism (CST) a free and governmental certificate that evaluates touristic companies in accordance to how much its operation follows a sustainable model. Since then, the company has pursued a way to fully integrate this concept into the daily life of the company; therefore, in 2016 the company obtained 5 leaves, the highest level of the certificate.
For a tourism company to have this level means a real commitment reflected in its constant action for Sustainability, an enormous challenge for a company in a new age of doing business.
Precisely this certification is very meticulous, its evaluates four main elements through an audit consisting of relevant criteria, which thevolunteering company must fulfill and support with field and documentary evidence. The areas evaluated are:
- Relation with the natural environment and good environmental practices.
- Internal organization and overall economic stability.
- Relation with social groups, communities, workers, suppliers, business
- Customer satisfaction and mechanisms to ensure safety, communication, ethical commercial practices, as well as environmental and cultural education thought the services offered.
How do we do it?
Through our: Management Plan of Sustainability
Our Management Plan of Sustainability is focus in three main areas:
- The Social Axis: to promote and generate social benefit to the local communities.
- The Green Axis: to have an efficient use of natural resources, protection and preservation of nature.
- The Economic Axis: ensuring the continuity of the business through green innovations, infrastructure and being an agent of social development.
We implement each of those areas through specific actions, based on our values; to find a balance for an equitative, vialable and visible tourism, in order to offer the best quality service to our customers, without compromising the environment and well being of future generations.